Before I file a bug report I'm looking for confirmation of an issue. I'm getting the following error when attempting to delete a course:
Error code: generalexceptionmessage
- line 1404 of /lib/gradelib.php: Error thrown
- line 4924 of /lib/moodlelib.php: call to remove_grade_letters()
- line 4840 of /lib/moodlelib.php: call to remove_course_contents()
- line 1767 of /lib/coursecatlib.php: call to delete_course()
- line 254 of /course/management.php: call to coursecat->delete_full()
This appears to occur whenever a teacher has defined a custom grade letters as in the attached screenshot. At the moment the only means for me to proceed to delete the course is figure out the contextid of the letter definition (which is conveniently in the URL of the letters configuration) and delete the offending rows from the mdl_grade_letters table.
If someone else could confirm before I report that would be helpful.