Dates on certificates

Dates on certificates

by Adam Cripps -
Number of replies: 8

We have certificates for users who complete courses. However, these courses need to be taken every year. The date on the certificate shows the first date that the user took the course and not subsequent attempts. Is there a way of getting moodle to show the latest date on the certificate instead of the first time they took the course?

We are running Moodle 3.1. 

TIA

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Adam Cripps

Re: Dates on certificates

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

I think there was some discussion about this a little while ago, and there was a Moodle Tracker item about it but I don't know what is happening on it. At the end of each cycle, are you resetting your courses? Is there a way to reset the Certificates? Perhaps you might want to look at the Custom Certificates plugin which can be downloaded from the Custom Cert plugin page. 

In reply to Colin Fraser

by Adam Cripps -

Thanks Colin - this is a good start - I'll try the other plugin and see if it can do this.

In reply to Adam Cripps

by Adam Cripps -

The custom certificate plugin (although newer than the plugin we were previously using) still has this issue (i.e. the date shows the first time you completed the course, even though you have since completed the course again. 

In reply to Adam Cripps

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I haven't tested this yet, but have you tried using the quiz date instead of the course completion date.

In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

by Adam Cripps -
Thanks - again, this doesn't work. I think it is pulling in from a course completion date in the database that doesn't get updated if you take the course again.
In reply to Adam Cripps

by Andrea Retian -

We are also having this issue. There are courses that require annual renewal of CPDs, and we cannot find a way to have the certificate date update to the most recent successful completion attempt. With over 25,000 users in our Moodle system, updating the certificate dates manually is not a feasible option.

Any advice that could help?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Andrea Retian

by Aspire BWC -

Has anyone managed to solve this?

I've looked and cant seem to find an answer

In reply to Aspire BWC

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

You could create a separate element for the certificate (if you have programming knowledge) to achieve this.

In the meantime I created https://github.com/markn86/moodle-mod_customcert/issues/255.

I do work on this plugin in my spare time and there is already a huge backlog, so if someone wants to provide a patch feel free. smile

I will be going through the backlog for a whole week in December and will release a new version, not sure if this will make it in the release but will see.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)