Activity navigation moodle 3.4.3

Re: Activity navigation moodle 3.4.3

by Leandro Coutinho -
Number of replies: 4

Thank you everyone!

In the Clean and Boost Theme worked fine.  The Decaf does not worked, even using the last update.

In reply to Leandro Coutinho

by Janis Fair -

Hi Leandro,

I'm finding that the activity navigation feature doesn't work with the Moove theme in my 3.5 test site (with latest version of Moove). I can see the links to the previous and next activities for some activity types (e.g. forum) but not with others (e.g. quiz). When I switched to Boost, the navigation feature worked well.

What, if anything, have you done in your site to get around this issue?

Thanks,
Janis

In reply to Janis Fair

by Leandro Coutinho -

Hi Janis,

I am using Boost Theme for now. But the problem with other Themes still persist.

by Janis Fair -

Thanks Leandro. Hopefully this will get fixed in later versions of other themes like Moove.

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Sorry Leandro, should have replied to your last post earlier than this. The issue lies with the Theme developers. In many cases, they are doing this work for free, for the love of it, the enjoyment of doing something productive. Quite often, a new feature is not readily adapted to, or incorporated into, existing themes. This can be for a variety of reasons, e.g. limited time, likely the main reason, but I would think that error checking and testing would be a major factor as well, and so on. Other themes will be updated, over time, and that is an issue with most themes. Some themes already have sophisticated navigation schema, so this is perhaps not seen as being relevant to that theme. However, I suggest patience and repeated checking back with the Decaf Theme download point, check the newest versions and it will likely be there soon.