What may cause a coding error - failed to unserialise data from file. Either failed to read, or failed to write.

What may cause a coding error - failed to unserialise data from file. Either failed to read, or failed to write.

by Sandy Stockholm -
Number of replies: 2

This error became apparent when I was trying to update the settings of a SCORM activity within a course with about 30 other SCORM activities. It was taking longer than normal to complete the update of settings so I cancelled the action. And the error appeared. This particular SCORM (zipped) was 19 mb. The other files were generally smaller, but a few were larger such as 26 mb. Many are in the 2 mb to 10 mb area.

I want to feel confident in uploading new SCORM activities. Is this course too large, or what might be going on here? Feedback greatly appreciated.

We had been running 3.2 but are in the process of updating. Using iSpring Suite 9 to publish, which utilizes latest tech of html5 rather than flash.

We did manually purge cache from server as site admin was not working when we encountered this error. The site appears to be working; but we would like to avoid a similar issue in future.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sandy Stockholm

Re: What may cause a coding error - failed to unserialise data from file. Either failed to read, or failed to write.

by Jerry Lau -

check your php's max_timeout and max_upload and post_max_size settings... maybe too small and also your max memory settings

In reply to Jerry Lau

Re: What may cause a coding error - failed to unserialise data from file. Either failed to read, or failed to write.

by Albert Ramsbottom -

Yes that one sad

I think clearing all caches might help in Administration->Development->Purge All Caches

Albert