Course Backup Not Showing Up

Course Backup Not Showing Up

by Carolyn DeHass -
Number of replies: 0

Hi All,

I've read countless forum posts and thank all contributors for your useful information. 

Background info:

I am helping a family member who creates E-Learning for companies using Moodle as their LMS. I had no knowledge of Moodle before helping them out. I have knowledge of HTML, CSS, Wordpress, and very basic PHP. So this has been a very challenging assignment for me. I have multiple issues, but this is the big one right now as I don't feel comfortable working on the others till I know the courses are backed up.

My issue right now is that backups are not running properly. We recently moved the site in question to SiteGround and the automatic backup tried to run, filled the available disk space, froze, and wouldn't let us login. I went through FTP and deleted the files in the temp/backup folder which allowed us to log back in and then paused the automatic backups.

Today, I tried to run a single course backup which appeared to be successful, but it is not appearing in the course backup area. So no clue what is going on there. I want to create backups and then download them to my computer for safe keeping.

Also in the user private backup area, there are multiple backups listed there, but the most recent one is Feb 2017. This site had supposedly been backing up on a weekly basis, but I see no recent backups. So there's something going on.

I'm really looking for someone who is willing to go through this site with me, see what is wrong, and walk me through the solutions. I want to learn how to fix these issues. Thanks for reading this post!

Average of ratings: -