Flash module add-on: Error: Module "tui" is not readable - check permissions

Flash module add-on: Error: Module "tui" is not readable - check permissions

by Diana Siachoque -
Number of replies: 4

Hello Everybody! Happy New Year!

I´d like some help with the next problem please..

I was trying to install the flash module in my moodle but I got an error and I couldn´t.

Then, I installed a module TUI that someone told me it supposs to fixed the error, but now It´s worst,  every time a user login got a message in the top of the screen that says:

Module "tui" is not readable - check permissions

I tryed to fixed setting the permissions on 7 7 7, but I didn´t work.

Can someone tell me what can I do ??

Thanks for your help

DIANA SIACHOQUE

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Diana Siachoque

Re: Flash module add-on: Error: Module "tui" is not readable - check permissions

by Jamie Pratt -
I just installed the TUI from CVS to be sure it is working OK. It works fine for me.

Searching through the Moodle code I found that this error is thrown when a modules files are not installed in the right place. Specifically Moodle is looking for 'version.php' which should be found in mod/tui/ but it can't find it or it is not readable by the web server.

I think you must have put the files in the wrong place in Moodle. You should have a number of files including view.php version.php. In all 16 files and four directories should be in mod/tui/ (not mod/tui/tui/ !!)

I just checked the zip package and that seems to have all the files in the right place. Am mystified as to what the problem might be here. Someone else reported a similar problem but I can't reproduce it. The instructions I give here will completely delete the module to get rid of the error messages.

Jamie
In reply to Jamie Pratt

Re: Flash module add-on: Error: Module "tui" is not readable - check permissions

by Diana Siachoque -
Jamie:

Thanks for your answer, I did what you said and it works great!!

No more error messages in my moodle!!

Great job!

DIANA SIACHOQUE
In reply to Diana Siachoque

by Timothy Takemoto -
What are you using the TUI for DIANA?
I would be interested to know.
Tim (TUI funder)
In reply to Timothy Takemoto

by Diana Siachoque -
Hi Tim:

I just want to know how it works, it seems pretty interesting but unfortunately I couldn´t use it.

DIANA SIACHOQUE