Course Completion: Student only has to complete 6 of 9 badges within a course to complete the course

Course Completion: Student only has to complete 6 of 9 badges within a course to complete the course

by Ian Clover -
Number of replies: 0

Hello, 

I'm new to moodle and we have a requirement whereby a student only has to pass 6 of an available 9 badges (topics) to complete a course. Is there a way of doing this? 

I can see that Course Completion: General will have to be set to 'All' and then list the 9 badges in Activity Completion. In the Bulk edit activity completion tab, the condition for each badge should be set to 'Student must view this activity to complete it'. Note we can't use 'Student must receive a grade to complete this activity' because the student won't do 3 of the badges.

In the Gradebook setup we make the passmark for each badge the same score e.g. 80%

Then on the course completion page, we set the Condition: Course Grades to be the total of 6 x badge passmark. Then if the student passes 6 badges and they view the other three badges the course will be marked complete. I can test this setup but I was wondering if anyone knew if it won't work because the 'Student must receive a grade to complete this activity' value won't have been set for any badge?

Is there a simpler way of doing this where the Student doesn't have to view the redundant 3 badges?

Average of ratings: -