Assignment

[3.4] Conversion failed with error:Could not find readonly pages for grade xxx

Picture of AL Rachels
Re: [3.4] Conversion failed with error:Could not find readonly pages for grade xxx
Core developersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTesters

Hi Richard,

It would seem that each of those conversions had something go wrong so that a pdf was not created. First thing I would check is what were the type of files submitted.  Google has a very limited number (9) of files that it will accept for conversion when compared to unoconv (74).

Plus, it has been a while and my memory is not the greatest, I seem to remember one or two of the types listed for Google didn't actually work a few months ago.

Average of ratings: -
Wazza
Re: [3.4] Conversion failed with error:Could not find readonly pages for grade xxx
Particularly helpful Moodlers

You are right!

Thank you. This can be marked as solved.

Picture of Glenn Pillsbury

Hi Richard,

Do you recall what the problem file types were in that issue? I have just run into this error myself.  We're using unoconv, not Google.

Thanks!

Wazza

I think it were .odt files that caused the problems for us.

Wazza

It does seem this crashed the scheduled task for PDF conversion though... so do I have to remove those tasks for unsupported formats manually out of the database every time???

Wazza

Using the fix from Eva here: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-60014 was a real life saver for me. The cron just keeps running when it encounters an error... thank you Eva!