Email configuration moodle 3.4

Email configuration moodle 3.4

by Zeid Fanous -
Number of replies: 7

Hi all, 

I know this has probably been discussed already but please bear with me, i am unable to send email and keep have been at it for days now. keep getting smtp connection failed

I have moodle 3.4 installed for a client and i dont want to use gmail as the email host, so i created a noreply email with my host service and using the following settings:-

OUTGOING

port 465 with SSL 

noreply email

INCOMING 

port 993 with ssl

noreply email

any idea what am i doing wrong. Thanks in advance. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Zeid Fanous

Re: Email configuration moodle 3.4

by S. kavita -
Picture of Testers

Hi Zeid,

At the place of noreply you have to put valid email ids for outgoing and incoming mails.

support email id or email id of someone who is handling support.

In reply to Zeid Fanous

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

What mail host did you specify?

Most hosts provide an SMTP server for their clients to route mail through. They will normally block you from sending it directly to avoid spam. However, they need to give you the full details of this.

Short answer - ask your host.

In reply to Howard Miller

by Zeid Fanous -

Hey Howard, 

I am using webhost.uk as a hosting provider. alright will do so ..thanks smile

In reply to Zeid Fanous

by Mary Nielsen -

Are you sure that that is the url of your host? 

This definitely has something to do with the email settings

In reply to Zeid Fanous

by Max Foster -

Are you hosted with us at WebhostUK LTD, if so we would surely like to help you with the problem you are facing can you email us at support@webhost.uk.net with your domain name in question also you can
add our skype ID : webhostuk-support to online help. We will take our best efforts to resolve your problem.

In reply to Max Foster

by Zeid Fanous -

Hi Max, 

Thank you for your kind reply. I will be having a live chat hopefully tomorrow with George Shaw, he contacted me today. 

Thanks again :0, will keep you posted.