Your organisations moodle installation needs updating

Re: Your organisations moodle installation needs updating

by Chris Canning -
Number of replies: 2

And now I have just logged out of the app and tried logging back in and i'm receiving the Error 'Can not find data record in database table external_functions.'

Just been looking at the help pages

1. The user quota is set as the default (104857600)
  2. The usermaxuploadfilesize is 250MB
  3. The user "lang" field is and have never been changed from the default English (en)

Today is not a good day!

In reply to Chris Canning

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Chris,

sorry for the delay in answering, it's been some crazy months lately. After so much time maybe you already found a solution.

Regarding the "data record" error, we used to ask for credentials and debug those errors ourselves, but now we can no longer do that. So you'll have to do it yourself following this guide:

https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Moodle_Mobile_debugging_WS_requests

If you find the error message and don't know how to fix it please send us the error message so we can take a look. In some cases this was caused because of a bad configuration of a plugin (version.php file missing).

Hopefully fixing this will fix the activities too, if it doesn't then please let me know so we can work on that.

Cheers,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by Chris Canning -

Hi Dani,

No problem at all. I've been on holiday recently, but my last request sent to our Moodle host seems to have fixed it!

Yes you were right regarding it being caused by a php. file missing (mod_certificate). My Moodle host uninstalled the directory of a third party plugin, but only disabled the front end part within the admin settings.

Despite being disabled, this still caused an error when using the app.

Now that it has been completely removed, it is back working again.

Thanks

Chris