Database

Building Good Looking Database Presets - ELA Routine Database

Picture of Chris Kenniburg
Building Good Looking Database Presets - ELA Routine Database
Particularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developers

Hello All,

From time to time we develop a really nice database preset and share it out.  This deals with a ELA Argument Routine.  This is an example of just how nice you can make database activities look.   Attached is the Preset for this form.  It should be fully responsive and uses no tables.  It should also be ADA compliant with use of headers etc.

I should caution you that it might not look good on NON-Boost based themes below Moodle 3.5.  It relies on some of the Bootstrap 4 styling to achieve the nice viewing and adding pages.  We develop and test using the Fordson theme and cannot guarantee results using other themes.

This could serve as a starting point for teachers to add and share lesson plans with a little bit of creative adjustments.  

-  Chris

Mary Cooch
Re: Building Good Looking Database Presets - ELA Routine Database
Documentation writersMoodle Course Creator Certificate holdersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersTestersTranslators

Hi Chris - thanks yet again for another great contribution smile Could you add it to the Moodle.net repository? You could put the alert about non-Boost based themes below 3.5 in the description so people are aware, but it would be great to have it on there.

Average of ratings: -

Hello Mary,

We are still working on it but once we have it finalized I will post it in the repository.  It's a great starting point for developing your own lesson sharing module using Database activity.  

I am thinking about incorporating Bootstrap accordion to help better display the items.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

I was able to get the bootstrap accordion feature working and each section starts off collapsed which will save on scrolling if you just want to see one area.  

We are actually finding new forms and making a series of these for a variety of purposes.  We have a Moodle site which serves as a curriculum mapping tool and we collect lesson plans and other resources that teachers share.  These new forms will make it look nice!

I posted the most current preset on Moodle.net:

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
Mary Cooch
Documentation writersMoodle Course Creator Certificate holdersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersTestersTranslators

Thanksbig grin