3.4 Scorm on front page for guests

3.4 Scorm on front page for guests

by Melanie Scott -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I know.  It is totally contrary to the concept of SCORM but I want guests to be able to run the project.  I don't need data.  It is a tutorial which assists users with login problems...so having to login is a deal breaker.  I'd run it as a video but it is a branching module that lets people choose which item they want help with--there are six help tracks.  Is there a way?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Melanie Scott

Re: 3.4 Scorm on front page for guests

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Have you tried loading it as an ims rtesource instead of scorm?

If you have access to the authoring tool files you can probably export as a static html package instead of scorm too.

But.... this also sounds like it could be a good opportunity to use the standard lesson module in moodle instead of scorm!

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Melanie Scott -

I haven't.  That is an intriguing idea.  My project is in Captivate, which is always such a joy...I'll see if I can manage it.  I've never worked with an ims before...but I'll give it a shot.

I had considered breaking it into six individual videos and putting it in lesson (but wasn't sure I wouldn't have the same problem with lesson).  If the ims doesn't work, I'll take a stab at this.  (Apparently I'm in a violent mood, with all this shooting and stabbing...)

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Melanie Scott -

Should the IMS Resource be viewable by authenticated users on the front page?  My settings say it is okay but it doesn't seem to work.  I tried to switch to guest default on the front page and that did not help.

Would I have different results with Lesson or more of the same?

In reply to Melanie Scott

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
it should be the same as a static file (pdf/image etc) if you've got the settings right? - although imscp might not be used a lot so you might have run into a bug?

default capabilities for mod/lesson:view include the guest user so I assume that would work too.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Melanie Scott -

That's what I thought.  But it doesn't seem to work that way.  I'll keep looking at it.