Barracuda and innodb_file_format

Barracuda and innodb_file_format

by Calleen Hunt -
Number of replies: 3

Hi

I am installing Moodle 3.4.3 on windows 2012 r2, newest version of Mariadb, PHP 7. 

I know, should be Linux but my company will not support it so it's Windows.

I have the Barracuda error on installation, but when I look in the table, there's no innodb_file_format variable. I've tried the cli command but it tells me there is no problems. 

I can't figure out why this is happening. There is a set of code to add to my.ini in one of the support pages but when i do that, the MySQL service will not run. I can't force it to skip this error, it says I must resolve it. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Calleen Hunt

Re: Barracuda and innodb_file_format

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

First ... the rant ...

Re-read what you wrote ... should be on linux but IT department won't support therefore it's on Windows.   Then why are you the one posting here ... why isn't it someone from your IT department cause they aren't supporting you on the platform they said you had to run .... for their support.    Don't get it.   So that's some food for thought (F4T).

And some more .... F4T ... any restriction by company that the moodle must be hosted and under control of IT department?  There are very many good hosting providers that will allow you to setup a VPS of the Linux of your choosing.

In this day and age of 'cloud' and the fact that even M$ realizes they must play nice with others, I'd say your IT department is 'circling the wagons' and attempting to keep their jobs 'comfortable'!

Ok, enough rant ... but do think about it.

Matteo +20 ... ie, do what Matteo says.    Uhhhhh ... IT department will install the lower version for you won't they?

Maybe some additional:

https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/how-to-change-innodb-fileformat-to-barracuda/

'spirit of sharing', Ken