Due Dates Based On Enrollment Date

Due Dates Based On Enrollment Date

by Jon Knecht -
Number of replies: 8

I am looking for a way/plugin to automatically set due dates based on the date a student was enrolled.

Lets say a course should take a month to complete. Mary enrolls on January 1st, Pablo enrolls on January 19th. Based on this information, the default setting will show that Pablo is missing 3 weeks worth of assignments, and springs up an alert, even though he just enrolled. Is there a plugin/way to set the due dates for things to default to 1 week after student is enrolled in the course, or two weeks after the student is enrolled in the course, instead of just 1 flat due date?

I know you can set specific due dates for specific students manually, I am just looking for a way to do this automatically.

Thank you all for any input

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jon Knecht

Re: Due Dates Based On Enrollment Date

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I have this submitted to the Moodle User's Association this round...round up some votes for me!!

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Jonathon Knecht -

Could you provide me a link so that I could help?

In reply to Jon Knecht

by Ryan Desmond -

I need this same functionality. Has anyone heard/found any update here? Did we ever find the link to upvote this? 

Thanks everyone!

In reply to Jon Knecht

by Mark Whitington -

Hi Jon,

Have you looked at the Reengagement plugin... sounds like it may do what you want.

https://moodle.org/plugins/mod_reengagement

Reengagement

In reply to Mark Whitington

by Wei Cai -

Hi Mark,

I tried Reengagement  and it works well. It is a nice plugin.

I am thinking of a course with different groups of students. If I only want to notify students from Group 1 who haven't completed the course, is that possible? Have you had the similar situations before?

Thank you,

Wei