Moodle Blog (version 3.2)

Moodle Blog (version 3.2)

by Maya Nguyen -
Number of replies: 3

Hi all!

I couldn't find much information on the topic above so I thought I'd post here to see if I get some responses.

I'm currently designing a totally asynchronous collegial level French Second Language course where the students have to imagine themselves in a student exchange program, taking place in one of 3 francophone Québécois cities. To document their virtual adventures, I would like to have them create a travel blog. Initially, it was proposed to use a wordpress but we were turned down by our college's administration. I'm now considering using the Moodle blog but I'm not sure how well it does as a blog. For those of you who have used this functionality in the past, can you tell me what you feel are the pros and cons of using it? Can the learner personalize the interface or are they just going to publish blog posts with embedded pics, videos and audio?

Thanks in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Maya Nguyen

Re: Moodle Blog (version 3.2)

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello,

How about seeing whether a forum in blog format (as mentioned in the documentation Forum activity) would suit your needs? I think the functionality is more like Wordpress than the blog in Moodle.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Moodle Blog (version 3.2)

by Maya Nguyen -

Hi Helen,

Thanks for the suggestion! i hadn't thought of using the forum in that way. Would this imply that all student publications would be individual threads on the forum that the tutor would need to scroll through, or would there be a way to organize all the publications by a single user in one place?

Thanks again!