Doubts regarding Artificial Intelligence and Adaptive learning in Moodle

Doubts regarding Artificial Intelligence and Adaptive learning in Moodle

by prasanth prem -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all,

One of my clients requires a new LMS that has the features like Artificial Intelligence and adaptive learning.

I heard many about Moodle and based on many reviews I found that Moodle is the best LMS on the market. 

But my concern is that I need to know whether we have any AI features and adaptive learning features inbuilt with the Moodle. I didn't find anything from moodle's documentation regarding this.

So please tell me on this and if this features support, then please share the steps/documentation to check and customize this.  

Regards

Prasanth

Average of ratings: -
In reply to prasanth prem

Re: Doubts regarding Artificial Intelligence and Adaptive learning in Moodle

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Well... artificial intelligence is still blue sky stuff and adaptive learning is now being mapped into the future development I would think. The problem is that there are how many definitions as to what adaptive learning is? Depending on the circumstances the learning is taking place in, so I understand, defines what adaptations are occuring. If there is a consistent and highly usable standard, I would expect more systems would be adaptable. The closest the Moodle comes to it, I suspect, is in the Choice and Lesson activities when coupled with Restrict access policies. 

As far as AI is concerned... wellllll,,,,, maybe one day. Having said that though, if your client, or you, have the requisite skills and sufficient funding, you could use Moodle to develop an AI platform, but... 

In reply to prasanth prem

Re: Doubts regarding Artificial Intelligence and Adaptive learning in Moodle

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello and thankyou for asking in the Moodle.org forums.

Perhaps you can provide your personal definitions of Adaptive Learning and Artificial intelligence to help people respond?

Regarding Adaptive learning, please look at the documentation on Lesson activity and Restrict access to begin with.