Active Quiz: Editing a question

Active Quiz: Editing a question

by Ken Masters -
Number of replies: 5

Hi All

Ver 3.1

I have several questions in an Active Quiz, and I wish to edit one of them.  Unlike the Quiz tool, though, the Edit icon does not appear to be as obvious (to me, anyway).  Can anyone guide me to the Edit icon?

Thanks

Regards

Ken

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ken Masters

Re: Active Quiz: Editing a question

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

There are two different Edit options on a Quiz element:

• Select the Quiz → Edit Quiz→ Select Question Bank→ Add questions or edit existing questions to the Question bank. 
  • Select the Quiz → Select the Quiz Edit→ to adjust the Quiz settings (behaviors and appearance)

In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

by Ken Masters -

Hi Shirley

Thanks, but from what I can see, your instructions work for a Quiz, not for an Active Quiz.  I have attached a screenshot of the question bank options, and there is no edit option.

When the questions are in the Active Quiz, there is an Edit option, but it allows only changes to the timing of the question, not the actual question (and options) itself.

Regards

Ken

Attachment ActiveQuizBank.png
In reply to Ken Masters

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

If I understand your question correctly, you need to edit a question in an active quiz.

Your screen capture displays questions 1-6 of your Active quiz. It looks like you area missing the edit, copy and delete icons for the questions. Which begs the questions:

• Which version of Moodle are you on?
  • Did you check your permissions to edit, delete and copy questions?
  • What Theme are you using?

I am curious if you select the checkbox area of the question you wish to edit, how is the questions displayed?

In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

by Ken Masters -

Hi Shirley

Answering your questions:

• Which version of Moodle are you on?:  3.1
  • Did you check your permissions to edit, delete and copy questions?  I don't know how to check that.  How would I check that?  (I can do all of that in a normal quiz).
  • What Theme are you using?:  Essential.  I have also checked with one other theme, Campus, but it makes no difference.
  • [I]f you select the checkbox area of the question you wish to edit, how is the questions displayed?: clicking the checkbox does nothing.  Clicking the magnifying glass displays the question, but without any editing option (See screenshot)  In a normal Quiz, I have editing rights.

Regards

Attachment PreviewNoEdit.png
In reply to Ken Masters

by Ken Masters -

Just a brief update: Our Moodle version has just been upgraded to Ver 3.4, but the problem still persists.  If anybody has a solution, I would really appreciate to know about it.

Thanks

Ken