Moodle community sites

Contributing to Moodle documentation

Picture of Eric Richer
Contributing to Moodle documentation

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to contribute to Moodle documentation.  I'd like to expand on the documentation for the course statistics report, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do it.

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Howard Miller
Re: Contributing to Moodle documentation
Core developersDocumentation writersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developers

Log in (top right). Click the edit button. It's the same account you use to login here. 

Picture of Rick Jerz
Particularly helpful Moodlers

Howard, somehow I do not see the "Edit" button.  Might you be able to provide a screenshot of which Edit button you are referring to?

Here's a docs page that I am viewing while logged in.

https://docs.moodle.org/35/en/Course_settings#Short_name

Picture of Howard Miller
Core developersDocumentation writersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developers

Me neither.... something is wrong.   If you go to the "recent changes" page it is blank. 

Mary!!!???

Mary Cooch
Documentation writersMoodle Course Creator Certificate holdersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersTestersTranslators

Just on a train to Gatwick- have alerted Helensmile

Picture of Helen Foster
Core developersDocumentation writersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTestersTranslators

Hi Howard,

Are you perhaps looking at an older version wiki that nobody has contributed to in the past 7 days? When I look at https://docs.moodle.org/35/en/Special:RecentChanges it lists changes as expected.

Picture of Howard Miller

I could be going mad but I was sure that page was blank earlier today. 

Let's just assume the insanity big grin big grin

Picture of Helen Foster
Core developersDocumentation writersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTestersTranslators

Hi Rick,

You should see an edit link on almost every other page in Moodle Docs, for example https://docs.moodle.org/35/en/Adding_a_new_course.

However https://docs.moodle.org/35/en/Course_settings has been locked to prevent editing due to many people in the past getting confused and editing the page to add their own course settings. If anyone would like to contribute to the page (and not just add their own course settings!) they're welcome to use the page comments for suggesting changes.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
Picture of Rick Jerz
Particularly helpful Moodlers

Just got back to this discussion. Yes, I now see "edit" at the top.

Thanks.

Picture of Eric Richer

Thanks for the reply.  Looks like there's some kind of issue with my account as the documentation page simply shows me a 'Log in' link and I can't login is as I log into moodloe.org using my Google account.  I'll play around with it some more and send a support email if I can't figure it out.

Picture of Helen Foster

Thanks Eric for your offer to contribute to the documentation.

As you created a moodle.org account by logging in using your Google account, please email support@moodle.org then we can provide you with a username and password to log in to the Moodle Docs wiki.

Picture of Eric Richer

Thanks Helen.  I got your reset email this morning and confirming that my issue is fixed.

C'est moi :-)
Documentation writersParticularly helpful MoodlersTestersTranslators

Hi,

Nice to have people wanting to contribute smile

You can find useful information in the guide for contributing in the documentation smile

HTH,
Séverin

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
Picture of Jayesh Gite

Hi can you help me to understanding moodle for developer docs