General developer forum

ERROR: Incorrect number of query parameters. Expected 3, got 2

Picture of JC Dodo
ERROR: Incorrect number of query parameters. Expected 3, got 2

Hi,

After upgrading my Moodle from version 3.0+ to 3.3.5 and block_studentstracker from 2015051100 to 1.5 (2017062200), when viewing one of my courses is showing error message below. I will appreciate if you can help and advise? Thanks!

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /path/to/moodle/blocks/studentstracker/locallib.php on line 36

ERROR: Incorrect number of query parameters. Expected 3, got 2.

Debug info: 

Error code: invalidqueryparam

Stack trace:

line 913 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: dml_exception thrown

line 1211 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->fix_sql_params()

line 1558 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->get_records_sql()

line 1631 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->get_record_sql()

line 1841 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->get_field_sql()

line 42 of /blocks/studentstracker/locallib.php: call to moodle_database->count_records_sql()

line 117 of /blocks/studentstracker/block_studentstracker.php: call to studentstracker::has_role()

line 288 of /blocks/moodleblock.class.php: call to block_studentstracker->get_content()

line 230 of /blocks/moodleblock.class.php: call to block_base->formatted_contents()

line 1205 of /lib/blocklib.php: call to block_base->get_content_for_output()

line 1257 of /lib/blocklib.php: call to block_manager->create_block_contents()

line 579 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to block_manager->ensure_content_created()

line 39 of /theme/bootstrapbase/renderers/core_renderer.php: call to core_renderer->standard_head_html()

line 46 of /theme/lambda/layout/columns3.php: call to theme_bootstrapbase_core_renderer->standard_head_html()

line 1162 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to include()

line 1092 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to core_renderer->render_page_layout()

line 244 of /course/view.php: call to core_renderer->header()

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Nitesh Kumar
Re: ERROR: Incorrect number of query parameters. Expected 3, got 2

Hi Jc,

open the blocks.studentstracker/locallib.php file and check the line #42. error is with query param.

Try debugging the query like this 

$DB->set_debug(true);

$r = $DB->count_records_sql("SELECT COUNT(id) FROM {role_assignments} WHERE roleid IN($roles) AND contextid=? AND userid=?", $params);

$DB->set_debug(false);

Picture of JC Dodo

Hi Nitesh,

I tried to add that line as you suggested and there is no similar output at all. The error message still the same as what I have posted above. Or is there somewhere else that I can expect to view the debugging message?

Thanks!

Picture of Nitesh Kumar

Hi Jc,

The issue in these two lines.

line 42 of /blocks/studentstracker/locallib.php: call to moodle_database->count_records_sql()

line 117 of /blocks/studentstracker/block_studentstracker.php: call to studentstracker::has_role()

Try to print the variable which are using in these lines.

Picture of JC Dodo

Hi Nitish,

I am still learning PHP and would appreciate if you can teach me how to fish.

Thanks smile

Picture of JC Dodo

Managed to fix it. Details on github comment of this maintainer author.