Searching for particular teachers

Searching for particular teachers

by The Tester -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

To add on to my last post, I probably forgot the most important thing - how do I search Teachers by the category they're in? e.g. "I want all material put up by Biology teachers on this site".

This of course means that Teachers have to put themselves into a category when signing up, I don't *recall* seeing this anywhere, but anyway..... how? smile

Thanks,

The Tester.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to The Tester

Re: Searching for particular teachers

by Jan Dierckx -

If you look at the Biology course category, all courses in this category will show up together with links to their teachers. Clicking on the link will give you access to the user profile or activity logs of that specific teacher

...thus allowing the administrator to check which of the biology teachers have put up Intelligent Design material on their course page tongueout

As an alternative way ...there are a lot of optional fields on the user profile page. I guess you could use one of those fields to quickly search for teachers in a specific department or institution. Some people have even renamed one of the numerous messenger fields to use them for a different purpose.

Attachment ScreenShot012.jpg
In reply to Jan Dierckx

by The Tester -

How do I change the Fields that the teachers enter? Is that in the admin's "Settings" somewhere?  And how do I *search* under a category - there's only a general entry box on screen, I want a drop down list.

I also want the courses as a subdomain, i.e. biology.coolskool.com, with any material after this, like biology.coolskool.com/birdsnbees, how do I do this?

Thanks a lot for your help smile

The Tester.

In reply to The Tester

by Clarence Prudhoe -

Hi,

Concerning your question about using subdomains, it is very easy to do if you have access to cPanel on for your site.

1.  Go to the Course you want the subdomain to point to.
2.  Copy the complete url from the Address Field in your browser.  It will look something like this: 
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/post.php?reply=171587

3.  Go to cPanel and open the Subdomain panel.
4.  Create your subdomain  biology.coolskool.com
5.  Redirect your subdomain to the address you copied:
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/post.php?reply=171587

When you go to biology.coolskool.com, you will be redirected to the moodle page where your course is located.

Cheers
Clarence

In reply to The Tester

by Dan Stowell -
If you want "birdsnbees" to be a separate Moodle instance, just install a new Moodle there. If you want "birdsnbees" to be a specific course, or course category, then Moodle doesn't specifically provide for this - you need to create a redirect from "/birdsnbees" to "/course/view.php?id=321"