Boost campus theme - Policy tool help

Boost campus theme - Policy tool help

by Jason Lane -
Number of replies: 7

Hello, I'm having difficulty implementing a simple privacy policy using Moodle 3.4.3. When I set policy to active and user signs in they see this:

Upon clicking Next, there is no checkbox for the user to interact with and they are unable to progress.

I have: 

• installed/enabled the Policy tool; 
  • installed the Data Privacy tool (and copied the generic categories etc from the Moodle GDPR Sandbox site); 
  • set Site policy handler to 'tool_policy'; 
  • set Authenticated User, Student, Teacher, etc policy:accept capability to 'allow', 
  • set the policy to active... 
and cannot see if there is an additional step I have missed. Any help appreciated.

Many thanks,

Jason

(Edited by Mary Cooch - original submission Sunday, 27 May 2018, 7:06 AM)

(Edited by Mary Cooch - original submission Sunday, 27 May 2018, 11:26 AM)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jason Lane

Re: Policy tool help

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

What theme are you using?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Jason Lane -

Hi Mary, we are using Boost Campus.

In reply to Jason Lane

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

OK well just to rule that out, could you switch to regular Boost theme and try with other browsers?

In reply to Mary Cooch

Campus theme:Re: Policy tool help

by Jason Lane -

Mary, your solution solved the issue. Below is screenshot using Boost theme.

This presents a new problem, not just for the Boost Campus theme but perhaps for several other themes. How to flag this with the developers and potentially the larger group of theme developers?

As an interim solution I have switched the site to the Boost theme.

Thanks for your help!

(Edited by Mary Cooch - original submission Sunday, 27 May 2018, 10:34 AM)

In reply to Jason Lane

Re: Boost campus theme:Re: Policy tool help

by Mary Cooch -

Good that you have found the issue. I have changed the title of this thread to include Boost campus theme and I am about to move it to the dedicated Themes forum so hopefully other themers will see it. I notice that the downloads page for Boost campus has a link to their tracker so perhaps you should post the problem there https://moodle.org/plugins/theme_boost_campus

In reply to Jason Lane

Re: Campus theme:Re: Policy tool help

by Kathrin Osswald -

Hi, 

I'm the developer and maintainer of the theme Boost Campus.

First of all, If you encounter any problems with the theme, it would be great if you could just open a new issue on our GitHub tracker as Mary also hinted:

https://github.com/moodleuulm/moodle-theme_boost_campus/issues

This helps us to get notified and keep track of the issues. I just came to this thread because community members pointed me to this. We are eager to respond and fix problems as soon as possible.

I've tried this out with either Moodle 3.5 and the 3.5-r1 version of Boost Campus and Moodle 3.4 and the 3.4-r5 version of Boost campus.

I cannot reproduce your problem as these are my results with the privacy and Boost Campus:

Is it possible that you entered some SCSS rules in the advanced settings tab (theme_boost_campus | scss) that interferes with this section and causes it to not being displayed? I'm afraid that the cause must lie somewhere else, as I cannot reproduce this with Boost Campus... Everything works fine in my systems.

Best, Kathrin

In reply to Kathrin Osswald

Re: Campus theme:Re: Policy tool help

by Jason Lane -

Hi Kathrin, thanks for your reply and advice. Sorry if I have not followed normal protocols here - now I know what to do in future. I do have some CSS in the SCSS section (mainly some cosmetic tweaks) but I'll post more info as an issue on GitHub and go from there.

Thanks,
Jason