Potential Solutions for Section-0 in Grid Format

Potential Solutions for Section-0 in Grid Format

by Christian Herasimtschuk -
Number of replies: 1

Hi Everyone,

This has been brought up a couple times in the past, where folks want to make Section-0 in the Grid format appear ONLY on the main page of the course, but not in the individual Grid sections (with the "one section per page" option selected). Here is a link to a notable discussion of this: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=331654

I, too, would like to make Section-0 visible only on the main page, and the discussion linked above seemed promising.  BUT, the solution applies to changing a renderer.php file for the Grid PLUGIN, and I am not sure:

1. If that is still a viable solution in Moodle 3.2.8.

2. If the code may have changed in the past 2 years.

3. How to even remove or nullify these specific lines of code (I am a novice but willing to give this a try!)

Any guidance is greatly appreciated. I spent the past two weeks trying to use CSS to hide Section-0, which works, but I just couldn't get it to hide selectively on just the individual topic pages.

Thanks,

Christian

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Christian Herasimtschuk

Re: Potential Solutions for Section-0 in Grid Format

by Christian Herasimtschuk -

I'm going to go ahead and post a solution to this, which was provided by Moonami tech assistance. Somehow I did not come across this on other, but apologize in advance if this is out in the open somewhere.

This solution will allow Section-0 to show on ONLY the main page of your course; not in the topic sections.

Within the Boost theme settings (Admin Settings > Appearance > Themes > Boost >Advanced Settings), simply paste the Raw CSS code below in the box designated Raw SCSS (NOT Initial Raw SCSS).

body#page-course-view-grid .gtopics #section-0{ display: none; }

I hope this helps some of you out there who want a cleaner layout.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)