Creating a theme from Boost: File not found

Creating a theme from Boost: File not found

by Geoffrey Van Wyk -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Plugin developers

I followed the https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Creating_a_theme_based_on_boost tutorial. After the "Theme specific files" section, in the "Ready set go1" section, the tutorial says that the theme is now ready to be installed. I installed the theme, and selected it as the theme for my Moodle instance (v3.5.0), but I get the following error;

Sorry, the requested file could not be found

With debugging messages displayed, I also get this stack trace:

Debug info: core/block
Error code: filenotfound
Stack trace: line 125 of /lib/classes/output/mustache_template_finder.php: moodle_exception thrown
line 54 of /lib/classes/output/mustache_filesystem_loader.php: call to core\output\mustache_template_finder::get_template_filepath()
line 99 of /lib/mustache/src/Mustache/Loader/FilesystemLoader.php: call to core\output\mustache_filesystem_loader->getFileName()
line 82 of /lib/mustache/src/Mustache/Loader/FilesystemLoader.php: call to Mustache_Loader_FilesystemLoader->loadFile()
line 657 of /lib/mustache/src/Mustache/Engine.php: call to Mustache_Loader_FilesystemLoader->load()
line 170 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to Mustache_Engine->loadTemplate()
line 350 of /theme/boost/classes/output/core_renderer.php: call to renderer_base->render_from_template()
line 1768 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to theme_boost\output\core_renderer->block()
line 3924 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to core_renderer->blocks_for_region()
line 40 of /theme/moove/layout/columns2.php: call to core_renderer->blocks()
line 1272 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to include()
line 1202 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to core_renderer->render_page_layout()
line 51 of /theme/index.php: call to core_renderer->header()
What file is it looking for? The Moove and Boost themes are working properly.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Geoffrey Van Wyk

Re: Creating a theme from Boost: File not found

by Geoffrey Van Wyk -
Picture of Plugin developers

I forgot to mention that I based mine on Moove, not Boost. When I set Boost as the parent, installing the custom theme does work.