How to debug glossary auto-linking feature?

How to debug glossary auto-linking feature?

by Guillermo Movia -
Number of replies: 2

Hello, I'm begun to help with a moodle administration. At this moodle (using 3.4.1) Glossary auto-linking is not working, but it seems that every option needed is set OK.

How can I begun searching for php or moodle errors? A what time Moodle add links to the pages? It's everytime is loading the page or it runs the process and add the links in the page with a cron process?

Is there a way to run the auto-linking process from administration panel?

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Guillermo Movia

Re: How to debug glossary auto-linking feature?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello

1. Can you list each step you have taken to enable glossary auto-linking on the site and in a course and in a glossary?
  2. Have you tried with a standard theme (ie not a custom theme which might hide the autolinking)?
  3. Have you added new glossary entries AFTER enabling all the settings?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: How to debug glossary auto-linking feature?

by Guillermo Movia -

Hi @Mary,

Thanks for your answer. In the end was a misread of the filter's name in Spanish (there was another "autolinking" filter enabled). I was lead to the solution thanks to another forum topic were it showed configuration on the database.

Besides that, yes, I follow items 2 and 3 from your question, I changed to the Boost theme and modified entries on glossary.

again, thanks for your answer