How do you call a user name or ID using mustache?

How do you call a user name or ID using mustache?

by Mary Evans -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I guess it must be possible, but I just can't figure out for example:

How would I have to decode this

<?php echo $CFG->wwwroot.'/user/view.php?id='.$USER->id.'&amp;course='.$COURSE->id;?>

so that I can get it to work in a template that I'm trying to make in a Boost version of Aardvark Postitnote?

Strangely enough I have got the dropdown Show/Hide toggle to work, which was a doddle as it's just JS & HTML.

But what I am trying to do with the following is harder and I can't seem to find anything that explains it in the Moodle Documentation about creating a Template, either that or I am searching using the wrong words!

<?php echo $CFG->wwwroot.'/user/view.php?id='.$USER->id.'&amp;course='.$COURSE->id;?>

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Mary

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Evans

Re: How do you call a user name or ID using mustache?

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Mary,

Many ways to do this:

• Add the values to different parts of the template data and reform in the template.
  • Create a moodle_url object with param() calls and output (out()) that as one bit of template data then use three bracket {{{myurl}}} substitution within a 'href' or whatever you're using.

G

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Ah! That simple...LOL

I'll give it a go.

Thanks Gareth

M

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Mary Evans -

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for pointers for this...I managed to get it to work. Took me ages but finally got there.

I was a bit rusty and had forgotten lots of things about PHP and such and made some silly errors.

I ended up following Urs Hunklers CleanM theme...which I found very helpful and relatively easy to understand.

Cheers

Mary