GDPR - Manually trigger deletion requests

This forum post has been removed

Number of replies: 5
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

Re: GDPR - Manually trigger deletion requests

by Conn Warwicker -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Mark,

As an Admin can you not just go to Site Admin -> Data Privacy -> Manage Requests

Then click "New Request" and fill out who which user it is for and change the drop-down to delete? Then they don't have to do it themselves.

Not that I'm convinced the plugin actually works, at least it doesn't for me sad

Conn

In reply to Conn Warwicker

by Jan Dageförde -

I think that would be the general procedure, yes. However, I found out that the "New request" button is only active, if users can file requests on their own as well. This button does not (yet) work if users are not allowed to file their own requests.

I raised MDL-62544 to address this so that administrators and DPO can perform this action without offering this option publicly to every user.

In reply to Jan Dageförde

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Jan Dageförde

by Conn Warwicker -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

Surely the admin user can always see it though? Then the users could either see it or not, depending on their permissions? (Could be a role for those who can and one for those who can't).

In reply to Conn Warwicker

by Jan Dageförde -

Right now, the admins can see that button, but cannot use it. They will see the same error message that users will get. Admins can only use the button if they allow this function for every user as well.

That's exactly what my patch fixes. As soon as it is merged into core admins will be allowed to start the process even if users aren't, which is what we (and Mark) require. If the patch helps you, could you express this by voting for this issue in tracker as well? That would help integrators to see that this is an important requirement for several people: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-62544 (and, possibly, https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-61652).