reCAPTCHA V2 and Moodle 3.1.10 (Build: 20180115)

Re: reCAPTCHA V2 and Moodle 3.1.10 (Build: 20180115)

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi William,
take a look at MDL-48501: reCAPTCHA v2 API support is available since 3.1.11, 3.2.8, 3.3.5 and 3.4.2.

HTH,
Matteo

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Matteo Scaramuccia

by William Beazley -

Matteo,

Thank you so much!  I've confirmed you are right! This will save me so much work!

Thank you, Thank you,

Bill

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Thanks Matteo, but doesn't help Jarkko though. So is it possible that the repaired v3.1.11 files would be able to be copied in as suggested above? 

In reply to Colin Fraser

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Colin,
indeed I was replying to William wink, since he made a wrong assumption on limiting the support to 3.4.2 only, including "amending" his "wrong" statement which could potentially confuse others readers too.

I was waiting for a reply from Jarkko (the OP) too since from the words in his post I was assuming that moving towards the (natural) path of the LTS could be reasonable (and IMHO required for security purposes).

Lastly, no you cannot just copy the affected files to backport the v2 support: you need to select the commit(s), https://github.com/moodle/moodle/compare/2078761831aa6fa493039aadc33ea2e9b88b4ff3...jswebster:MDL-48501-mdl31, and create a backport for the old version which could mostly have the same differences but applied on the old version of the same files (e.g. the language files) to be sure to actually add just the v2 support and nothing more.

HTH,
Matteo

P.S.: I'm used to write "Hi <moodler>" in each post as my own version for "@<moodler>", to actually target the user I'm replying to (trying to preserve the right nesting of my post in the thread too) while I'm used to use "Hello Everyone" if I want to target the whole of the thread audience regardless the threading wink.
This approach will help me too since I'm following the whole of the forums here in the Community (no digest) and I'm able to select what would require an "immediate" reply by looking for "Matteo" as the second word of each post received by email big grin.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by William Beazley -

Matteo is correct. There are many other upgrades to earlier versions that support reCAPTCHA 2.0. One of those upgrades might be a quicker and better answer to the original posted question on how to retrofit a prior versions.

When I upgraded from 2.7 to 3.3 last week, I had gone to a supporting version and didn't realize it.

Bill

by Jarkko Kekalainen -

Ok, Thanks!

I'll take closer look for that. Seems like i might have to do small update to our moodle after all.