Suspended users show 'active' in previously enrolled courses

Re: Suspended users show 'active' in previously enrolled courses

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

We are using competencies and learning plans, as we need completion dates/times vs grades for our "students". I am not the best resource for how the grade book works.

I must un-enroll our "students" that leave our employment from each course (this is a double-digit number for most students) for our completion metrics.

In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

by Jarrad Gisk -

Thanks, Shirley. That's very helpful. I've been having a play with competencies and learning plans and think this might be the way to go. I'm thinking we'll relist compentencies and learning plans yearly, so this year we'll have an IG-2018 compentency linked to the CORE 2018 learning plan all staff need to complete, and next year we'll replace this with a new IG-2019 competency on a new CORE 2019 learning plan for all staff.

I've found how to configure Moodle to assign competencies when a course is completed, but I'm having trouble finding a report that lists all users and their competencies so we can chase staff.

How do you manage tracking which users have/have not completed various competencies? The only way I seem to be able to find is by looking up individual users. I was hoping there was an easy way to get a list of active users and show which compentencies they have.

I've noticed there are a couple of third-party plugins, but I'd like to stear clear of these, as there's no guarantee they'll be maintained long-term and future updates to Moodle could break them.

In reply to Jarrad Gisk

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

You are correct the reporting is not designed for business use. Pulling training data out of an LMS for a student last semester is much different than having an employee that has worked for 10 years at a company.

There are some Moodle Trackers that look promising https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-62131