Moodle for mobile

Using Mobile app with MoodleBox

Picture of James Noxon
Using Mobile app with MoodleBox

Hi

I got my first course running on MoodleCloud. It uses just Page resources with images, text and a quiz. On the MoodleCloud it is set for self-registration using work e-mail and a keyword.

Now I want to move the course to my new MoodleBox that I got up and running. I'd like to 'wrap up' the whole course on MoodleCloud, move it to run also on MoodleBox for use in the classroom. There is no need to sync the two. In the classroom I want to have students access with their mobile devices, since they are all staring at them all the time anyway. The MoodleBox will not be online any network, just use the WiFi. I would be setting up the user accounts manually.

Does this require that I run the Mobile plug-in on the MoodleBox, as I have described the course?

Can you see any difficulties I would run into without network access on MoodleBox?

Is there a neat and simple way to bundle up the whole course and move it? I would then change the settings on MoodleBox to disable self-registration.

I could set up an account for you to have a look if needed.

gracias - prof James

Average of ratings: -
Picture of James Noxon
Re: Using Mobile app with MoodleBox

by the way I tried the backup - it made a .mbz file that is 2.3Kb

but my course contains 3.4Mb of graphic images so I don't understand

Picture of Visvanath Ratnaweera
Particularly helpful Moodlers
Answered that part in the Backup and restore forum https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=370989.

Picture of Dani Palou
Core developersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developers

Hi James,

the Mobile plugin will only be needed if your Moodle Box uses an old Moodle version. I looked at Moodle Box website and it seems they use the latest version, so the plugin shouldn't be needed.

Kind regards,

Dani

Picture of Visvanath Ratnaweera
Particularly helpful Moodlers
Activating the site for mobile devices is too simple to believe:
https://docs.moodle.org/en/Moodle_Mobile_guide_for_admins#Enable_mobile_services_on_your_site
smile