GDPR Privacy API for advanced grading methods

GDPR Privacy API for advanced grading methods

by Marcus Green -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I maintain the BTEC Advanced grading method plugin. I would like to ensure that it returns all the right information for the admin/tool/dataprivacy/pluginregistry.php report. So I took at look at the core Rubric plugin and it returns

"The rubric grading form plugin does not store any personal data."

However if a student submits a rubric graded assignment the table

mdl_gradingform_rubric_fillings

gets populated with the student grade information.

The BTEC plugin has a similar table, am I missing something or is that information reported on somewhere else?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marcus Green

Re: GDPR Privacy API for advanced grading methods

by Andrew Lyons -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for catching that. I have created MDL-62535 to fix this bug. This is a bug, but I'm not sure how we will solve it yet - it may be that we can do something generic which covers all grading methods. Although I can see a get_rubric_filling() function, the only accessible description of this comes from get_external_instance_filling_details, which is aimed at web services.

We'll look into this and consider the best approach. If you have any suggestions please add them to the issue smile

Andrew

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Andrew Lyons

Re: GDPR Privacy API for advanced grading methods

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Thanks for the response Andrew. I will take Davids hint and look at how Workshop does it and update the ticket as I discover things.