How to respond to student feedback?

How to respond to student feedback?

by Max M. -
Number of replies: 1

Hi there!

First of all, I'm not a hundred percent sure if I use the Feedback module as intended of if i alienate it, but I want to use it like an anonymous letterbox. Students should be able voice criticism or problems that they don't want or aren't ready to talk to by person.

The first part of this idea is pretty obvious and easy: I already created a Feedback activity with record user names set to anonymous and a couple of form elements.

However, there's a big problem: I don't see a way to respond to their submissions. Which would be fine in many cases fine, but I cannot help someone if they tell me something important and I have no way to reach them.

Did I overlook something or are there other ways? A plugin may do the job, but I'd like to do it without annoying the admin :D

Kind regards!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Max M.

Re: How to respond to student feedback?

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

So, if you want something anonymous, then you really shouldn't be able to reply - if it is generic feedback, you might just add a forum and add the students' questions there with your feedback so that everyone can see it as they might have the same question.  It adds an extra step of copying the comment/question from the feedback activity but would give the student the idea that their feedback is anonymous...which it really isn't unless you add the feedback on the front page and make it accessible to guests...

Average of ratings: Useful (1)