Can I teacher be assigned to a grouping?

Re: Can I teacher be assigned to a grouping?

by joy zhao -
Number of replies: 0

Thanks Colin. 3rd option should work well. Unfortunately the course is running now, so probably a bit late to create a meta course - I should have done it b4 sad

The situation is a bit awkward and complicated. The course has been running.  Each brunch is reflected as one group in the course. So 100 groups were created for 100 brunches respectively.  

Staff from each brunch has already self enrolled into their own group using a group enrollment key. Each brunch leader can check / mark staff work within the brunch. (this is easy to handle)

Above the brunch level is Area manager, who is supposed to view the results of staff only in his area. For example, there are 30 brunches in area A, which means 30 groups should be viewed by  area A manager, 30 groups for area B and 40 groups for area C. So how to set Area A manager have access only to the 30 groups in his area without accessing other groups grades?

It's been a headache for a while. Looks grouping is mainly used for learning activity control. There's no way to assign a non-editing teacher to a grouping. Unless I manually add area A manager to all 30 groups? I am sure there'll be a better solution...