Don't allow students to download our videos/ it shows "video not playing, try m4v"

Re: Don't allow students to download our videos/ it shows "video not playing, try m4v"

by Rick Jerz -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

It appears to me that you have two questions:

1) Prevent students from downloading videos.

If students want to capture a video, they can use many screen recorder software products for this purpose, so you cannot prevent this from happening.

2) Try m4v error.

What is the video file name, and how was it encoded?  I use .mp4 (h264) all the time, and they work fine.

In reply to Rick Jerz

Re: Don't allow students to download our videos/ it shows "video not playing, try m4v"

by Ricardo Adrian -

I know they can just use something like fraps or any recorder, but at least I don't wanna hand it myself. I use .mp4 (h264) too

In reply to Ricardo Adrian

by Rick Jerz -

So, if you are using mp4s, the built-in video player should work.

Well, if students want to capture, they will.  Yes, maybe it is being "handed" to them, but I don't know how it can be prevented.

I actually see being to download as an advantage.  Students can download and then play videos when not connected to the Internet.  It makes "studying" easier, especially if the student is traveling.

In reply to Ricardo Adrian

by Rick Jerz -

So, if you are using mp4s, the built-in video player should work.

Well, if students want to capture, they will.  Yes, maybe it is being "handed" to them, but I don't know how it can be prevented.

I actually see being to download as an advantage.  Students can download and then play videos when not connected to the Internet.  It makes "studying" easier, especially if the student is traveling.

In reply to Rick Jerz

by Ricardo Adrian -

I guess you are right... didn't see it that way... anyways thank you for the comment