Database Driver Problem

Database Driver Problem

by Roman Cylwa -
Number of replies: 3

Hello, 

We are looking to upgrade on our test server but a Moodle error message states that there is a database driver error for Microsoft drivers. We've recently upgraded PHP to v.5.6.36 and Moodle, in its current state is in v.3.0.9, to be upgraded to a modern release. Our php.ini has the drivers properly enabled, the drivers are listed in the php/ext folder, and IIS and MS SQL settings appear to be operating as expected. Are these drivers (such as php_sqlsrv_56_nts.dll)  no longer compatible with this version of PHP?

I've looked across the forums but could not find anything applicable to what I'm going through and would like to remedy this driver error before proceeding. Any help is appreciated. 

Thank you in advance. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Roman Cylwa

Re: Database Driver Problem

by Roman Cylwa -

Hello, I've identified the problem and found a solution. 

No further action is necessary.

In reply to Roman Cylwa

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Please share it to help others...

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Roman Cylwa -

After upgrading to PHP v.5.6.36 the php_sqlsvr56_nts driver was not properly compiled and would conflict with a Thread safe and Non-Thread Safe drivers for this version of PHP. I've made the correction in the php.ini file to include only one of these driver extensions and then when recompiled it resolved this particular error.