General developer forum

HEADS UP: Moodle 3.5 release May 17th (including 3.4.3, 3.3.6 and other minor versions)

Picture of Sander Bangma
HEADS UP: Moodle 3.5 release May 17th (including 3.4.3, 3.3.6 and other minor versions)
Moodle HQPlugin developers
Hi All,

This is an update to the earlier post regarding the Moodle 3.5 release.

We've decided to give ourselves a few extra days to ensure a few last issues for GDPR and the bootstrap 4 upgrade can land safely.  As a result Moodle 3.5 will be released on Thursday May 17th.  

We've been working around the clock to finalise these issues and our QA cycle.  The QA tests are looking good with only a few more to go and we're including a recently spotted performance improvement for the GDPR data export.  I appreciate this slight delay is not ideal and apologise for the inconvenience, but on balance we believe it is worth it.

I also want to take this opportunity to thank the community for their feedback and their contributions to the code and QA testing; many thanks to all - your input is highly appreciated!!

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
Picture of Ralf Hilgenstock
Re: HEADS UP: Moodle 3.5 release May 17th (including 3.4.3, 3.3.6 and other minor versions)
Core developersParticularly helpful MoodlersTranslators

Hi Sander

we have great respect about the workload with this version by you and your teams.

I haven't seen an other tool that handles the GDPR requirements in such a transparent manner. I had an impression of the work when I made the German translation.  That is finished for the moment.

Thanks

Ralf Hilgenstock

eLeDia German Moodle Partner

Average of ratings: -
Paul
Re: HEADS UP: Moodle 3.5 release May 17th (including 3.4.3, 3.3.6 and other minor versions)

I tried to install it on a test server running a higher version of MYSQL than is needed, and Moodle stopped at the resource checking stage.

Any thoughts? 

Picture of AL Rachels
Core developersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTesters

See answer in your other post, regarding this.

Picture of Zadok Lindt

Which other post?

Picture of AL Rachels

Picture of Zadok Lindt

Aah, thanks!

Paul

Hi Al,

Ok, I see your point and have past the issue to the guys who tend the servers.

Updating the MYSQL version is not an easy operation, especially not when you have other applications running on there too.

Best,

Paul