Moodle 1.9 Invalid Session Key Error on Registration page

Re: Moodle 1.9 Invalid Session Key Error on Registration page

by Colin Fraser -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Ken and James have the right of it, Priscilla, there is no easy way to bridge this sort of gap. The best bet, let's get you going again with your v1.9, then start work on your next move. So, any advance on clearing the cookies and the cache? Anyone? I can't find the v1.9 Docs, so I hope they have been archived somewhere and might be accessible if asked for? 

Next step: Set up a server on your desktop/laptop, using Apache, PHP7.0 and either MariaDB or MySQL Install the latest version of Moodle and if you don't have too many courses, use the v1.9 courses to rebuild what you have. If you have a lot of courses, can you encourage one or two other people to do the same? If it is just you alone, then as long as you don't want to be moving too far away from core, I might suggest a XAMPP Moodle might prove useful here. Just don't do anything fancy with it and it should be OK - [and I really can't believe I just said that...sadsurprise.] 

Pages, Labels, Assignments, Books and a number of other activities: Copy and Paste, a quick solution. Images are a pain here, they will take up time, but if you backup your v1.9 courses, unzip them on your local machine, you should have your images in the unzipped files. As well, there will be some text complete with additional information, if you can read the unzipped xml files. It can take a bit of practice, but it is not overly difficult if you have to time to start on it and patience to persist. 

Quizzes: If you can use phpMyAdmin, access your database and export your quiz questions as *.csv or in an Moodle friendly version. [Aiken type should be OK.] I am pretty certain you can do that in phpMyAdmin, which should be available as a server admin tool anyway. 

Next: Look for a new service provider, this one is certainly not being your friend. Don't be tied to your local region, this is the internet, you can place your domain anywhere you like, anywhere in the world, or anywhere that a provider is prepared to provide you with the service you want. 

This is just a general approach that might, or might not, prove of some value. The idea is to limp along until you have a more suitable alternative available, then switch whenever you feel you absolutely need to or are completely ready to do so. Which I could help some more, but