Desperate: How do I customize the confirmation email?

Desperate: How do I customize the confirmation email?

by Cindy Dalglish -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

I am not an IT person. I am a curriculum developer. I have been setting up a couple of courses and when I add a user, it sends them a default email with login instructions and to change their password.

I want to add more information to this email. 

I have tried a plugin but when our testers are getting the email, they are getting both the default email and the plugin email.

The plugin email isn't exactly correct either.

Any help would be amazing.

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Cindy Dalglish

Re: Desperate: How do I customize the confirmation email?

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Cindy,

Go to "System Administration >> Language >> Language customisation" and then:

• Select language to customise (English, Spanish, etc.)
  • Open language pack for editing, wait until it loads the language strings and click on "Continue"
  • Select "moodle.php" entry in the "Show strings of these components" select box,
  • In the "String Identifier" input box, type "newusernewpasswordtext" (without the quotes) and click on "Show strings"
  • Input the text you want to use instead of the standard text provided by Moodle, and save the changes once you are done.

PS: If you want to want to know more about how you can customise Moodle language strings and how it wors in general, have a look at https://docs.moodle.org/en/Language_customisation .

Saludos.

Iñaki.

In reply to Iñaki Arenaza

by Cindy Dalglish -

THANK YOU!

That works! 

Much appreciated!

C.

by Gavin Hartley -
Hi Iñaki,

I have got one question or maybe a couple smile

Now I have found this to customise email but I am trying to send Bulk action. So what I am trying to do is to resend passwords to a group of users. Now I have found the place of where to do it "Site Administration -> Users ->Accounts -> Bulk user action"  but when I want to select the option to send user "Reset Password and send Welcome Message" I just don't have it under my list under "With selected learners ..."

What I have in the list is as follow:
  • Confirm
  • Send a message
  • Delete
  • Display on page
  • Download
  • Force password change
  • Add to cohort
I really need this as part of my site it will make things alot easier?

Thanks in advance for help.

If you do not know what I am referring to please visit ecreators website they do explain there how it use it but I just can't find it.

In reply to Gavin Hartley

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Gavin,

I'm afraid that particular feature is implemented in a third party plugin, that doesn't seem to be publicly available (at least I coulnd't find it).

You might ask the Learnbook guys about it, as plugins are considered derived works of Moodle (the plugin code, not the artwork, CSS, etc), and so it should be availble under the GPL3 license.

Saludos. Iñaki.

by Gavin Hartley -

Hi Iñaki,

Thanks for the info. I will then skip this process which would have been a handy one smile .

Is there perhaps a similar public mail merge plugin that can be used?

That gets updated on a regular basis and is in sync with moodle versions?

Thanks in advance.
Gavin