Code integration in MOODLE

Re: Code integration in MOODLE

by Elizabeth Dalton -
Number of replies: 1

There are some sample courses you can download here: https://moodle.net/

However, since you are trying to develop adaptive learning, I don't know how useful a generic course will be. I suppose if you just want to test your ideas, it will help to have a starting point.

Adaptive learning can mean many different things. For example, you might use something like the "Group Choice" plugin to allow learners to choose a "style" of learning and then selectively release content depending on what group the learners chose for themselves. In a simple example, you might have "audio" vs. "text" and show only the audio files to the students who chose the "audio" style of learning by using the "Restrict access" controls in the audio and text activities. (There is no support in the literature that this kind of "learning style" affects learners, but I assume you are doing something more complex.)

Other kinds of adaptive learning might use learning analytics models to recommend content to students based on their progress in the course so far. If you have questions about learning analytics, please post them in the Learning Analytics area. smile

Good luck with your research!

In reply to Elizabeth Dalton

Re: Code integration in MOODLE

by Guy Polit -

Greetings,

This question pertains to retrieving information from the assignments module. 

I have these data items:

a)      course.id

b)      assign.id

c)      user.id

1.      How can I tell if the assignment was online text, file submission or both? Please provide the SQL query or API to get it, along with additional explanations of code values if they are cryptic or numeric.

2.      For a single item submitted by an individual student for a given assignment: What is the SQL or API command to retrieve the online text or the file a student submitted?

3.      For multiple items submitted by an individual student for a given assignment: What is the SQL or API command to retrieve ALL the submission objects (online text and / or files) a student submitted?

4.      For a single item or multiple items submitted for a group assignment by a representative student: what is the SQL or API command to retrieve all those items?

Thank you very much for reading, commenting and helping!