User report does not show Quiz Overall Feedback

User report does not show Quiz Overall Feedback

by Arnold Lamont -
Number of replies: 7

Hi All,

I am using Moodle 3.4.2.

I have a Quiz which automatically marks itself.  The quiz is out of 10.

Students have 2 attempts for the quiz and the Average Score is used for the gradebook.

I want to display Overall feedback to each student, which also appears in the Feedback of the gradebook.

I have set up Overall feedback in the settings of the quiz and the overall feedback is displayed when the student goes back to view that quiz.  HOwever, it is not displayed in the Gradebook.  Only specific individualised manual feedback is displayed in the Gradebook .

I have uploaded an image showing the manual feedback for an assignment but no feedback for Quiz 1.1.

Could this have something to do  with Outcomes?  Or Scales?

What am I doing wrong?

Arnold

Attachment Image re Overall Feedback.png
In reply to Arnold Lamont

Re: User report does not show Quiz Overall Feedback

by Arnold Lamont -

I have EXACTLY the same problem!  I am using Moodle 3.4.2.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hey Arnold - you're not doing anything wrong! 

There are many types of feedback that are generated by the Quiz module (Overall, General, Specific, Essay, Partial Correct, etc...) . As of now there's no way for it to know 'which' type of feedback you'd like to push to the grade book, so it doesn't do anything. That's my basic understanding anyway.

So we remind our students to just look at the quiz itself for the feedback they need to see, but should we want to leave specialized feedback, we save it for an assignment module.

In reply to John Provasnik

by Jim Player -

Hello there,

it seems I have the same problem. I would like to have that overal feedback (which is something like: A for 100-81, B for 80-61, C for 60-41 etc.) in the grade book, I would like to have it in columns so I can see in the attempts of the quizes:
Student 1 ... A
Student 2 ... C
Student 3 ... A
Student 4 ... B etc.

Could that be possible to display? At least with PHP coding?

Thanks a lot!
Aleš

In reply to John Provasnik

by Arnold Lamont -

Hi John,

So are you saying that Overall Quiz Feedback never works?

I have moved on to Moodle 3.6.1 and I still don't get Overall Quiz Feeback to function.

After searching the website I don't seem to get many complaints about this so surely it must work for most people?

Any move towards a solution will be much appreciated.

Arnold

by John Provasnik -

Well, depends on your definition work "works" -- works perfectly for students- they see the feedback pertaining to their overall score (but only in the quiz, not in the gradebook). 

by John Provasnik -

this is the spot where you may want to reach out to a Moodle partner or a developer to build a plug in that can allow for this functionality... maybe a setting in the quiz that allows the most recent attempt's overall feedback to report to the gradebook... or maybe it needs to be a gradebook plugin that allows this... not sure but also check the moodle trackers to see if this tracker has been raised. when I need something custom built I typically show my Moodle Host the tracker that has been raised and then work with them on a project scope and budget to see it's the investment is worth it. I suggest this as a starting point.