Problems Administration

Problems Administration

by Nuno Miguel Oliveira -
Number of replies: 10

Good Morning, When I enter as an administrator on moodle I get the following errors: Dependency check failed for ltiservice_gradebookservices, atto_recordrtc, tool_dataprivacy, tool_policy Module Name / Board Current Version New Version Requires Source / State External Tool / LTI Services LTI Assignment and Grade Services / mod / lti / service / gradebookservices 2018011100 Moodle 2018010100 Failures Additional module Ready to be installed HTML Editor Atto / Atto Modules RecordRTC / lib / editor / atto / plugins / recordrtc 2018031500 Moodle 2018022800 Failures Additional module Ready to be installed Administration Tools Protection of data / admin / tool / dataprivacy 2017111308 2018040500 Moodle 2018040500 Failures Additional module To be updated Policies / admin / tool / policy 2017111306 2018032900 Moodle 2018032900 Failures Additional module To be updated You must solve all module requirements before proceeding to install this version of Moodle! I simply can not log in to Moodle and back up the courses I have there to retrieve them in another installation. How to solve this? thankful

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nuno Miguel Oliveira

Re: Problems Administration

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Could you give more information about the version of Moodle you have and what you want to upgrade to, and also information about your system? It might help others to be able to help you.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

+1 to what Mary suggest to you.

However, if you have command line access, there is a command line only script to backup individual courses using whatever you had as default settings in backups.

If those courses contained mods/blocks, like ltiservice_gradebookservices mentioned above in the confusing error you've provided, then the server to which you restore must have that addon/block, etc installed for the backups to be fully functional.

cd /path/to/moodlecode/admin/cli/

php backup.php will show 'help'.

Would recommend saving backups to a designated destination that you must create manually so you can find the backups by humanly recognizable names and be able to transfer the backups to another server should you choose not to solve your current server's problem.

*Example of one course whose ID is 10:

php backup.php --courseid=10 --destination=/home/moodlebackups/

will save the backup .mbz file to /home/moodlebackups/

If you don't know course ID's, use this query to find them:

mysql -u root -p -e "use moodle;select id,fullname,shortname from mdl_course;" > courses.txt;cat courses.txt

where 'root' above is your DB user and where 'moodle' above is the database for the moodle.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

Dependency check failed for ltiservice_gradebookservices, atto_recordrtc, tool_dataprivacy, tool_policy

Error

by Ken Task -

No more PM's ... please!!!

The questions Mary asked .... what version of Moodle did you have before attempting upgrading? ... that was 3.4.2, right? 

The other question you didn't answer ... What version of Moodle did you attempt to upgrade  to?    3.5 has NOT been officially released yet ... matter of fact, delayed another week.

So if you are attempting to upgrade from 3.4.x to 3.5 ... you've gotten a hold of the 3.5*DEV* branch of the code.  Meant for developers.   Are you a dev?

ltiservice_gradebookservers and atto_recordrtc look like addons to me ... are they?  Then the other tools you list ... dataprivacy and tool policy are NOT part of core 3.4 code ... but they do exist in 3.5DEV.

I'd say the ltiservice_gradebookservers and atto_recordrtc are NOT compatible with 3.5DEV.

Strongly suggest you restore the backup of code and DB dump you made just prior to attempting upgrade.    Get your site running again.

Then do some research on plugins ... do those plugins have compat versions for 3.5.0 yet?   If not, don't attempt to upgrade ... wait ... be patient ... or contact the makers of the plugin and inquire when they will have an update for their plugin for 3.5.0 when released.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

Hello good afternoon

I'm not a developer and I can not do what you said.

And I actually upgraded from 3.4.2 to 3.5 and it went wrong.

thankful

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Re Ken's comment I'd say the ltiservice_gradebookservers and atto_recordrtc are NOT compatible with 3.5DEV. - these are actually new features in 3.5 and so it is correct they should be there. Sorry I can't help more, as I'm not  a developer or technical person but just wanted to clarify that

by Ken Task -

Thanks for granting me access ... me ... just a glutten for 'punishment' ... but GOOD NEWS for you!

Was able to "fix it" enough to be usable .... after having acquired your DB, code, and partial moodledata/filedir was able to discover where/etc. in code directory and in DB to 'clean it up' .... a bit.

Out of the woods .... wouldn't say that ... but past the update of plugins to where admin can navigate the site.

Since you only have 2 courses would advise your next install ... where ever you decide ... be a fresh install and then restore course backups.

I'll keep it a deep dark secret on how I fixed. ;)

First thing I would advise you ... *** BACKUP YOUR COURSES *** and download those backups OFF the server.

*** BACKUP YOUR COURSES *** and download those backups OFF the server.

and oh yeah, did I menton you should:

And am wondering .... what did you take away from this experience?  What did you learn about administering a Moodle?

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

Good evening,

I am very grateful for your support that has helped me immensely.

Ken gave me excellent technical support with many hours of work.

It served me a lesson.

hug

by Ken Task -

Welcome.   Best of luck to ya! ;)

'spirit of sharing', Ken