Moodle 3.4 LDAP auto course creation process

Moodle 3.4 LDAP auto course creation process

by Robin Leung -
Number of replies: 0

Hello community,

I am a bit confused on the behavior of what occurs during the automatic course creation process, specifically with course end dates. With the new dashboard, this has caused a bit of confusion for instructors and for us (administrators) of how these courses gets generated.

A bit of background, we are coming from 3.1 to 3.4 so the course end date is something completely new. First bit of complication was that the Course end date setting is enabled by default, and all existing courses (post upgrade) had the end date checked. I think it would be better if the end date was defaulted to off for existing courses.

Post upgrade, there comes auto-course creation. We noticed that despite setting a default of 15 weeks in the Course general settings, no weeks gets created by default. I have tried adjusting our template, but this not seem to do anything with the weeks either.

Are there anyone in the community that are using the auto course creation process via LDAP? How has your experience? Thanks in advance.

Average of ratings: -