Early bird 3.5

Early bird 3.5

by David Mudrák -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

This is just a reminder that Moodle plugins have again the opportunity to receive a special award in the Plugins directory - Moodle 3.5 Early bird. This award will be given to plugins having a tested working 3.5 compatible version available on the release day. Moodle 3.5 is scheduled to be released on Monday, 14th May 2018.

Same as before, it is not enough to simply mark you current versions as 3.4 compatible. Plugin maintainers are supposed to:

• Test plugins intensively against Moodle 3.5 beta (Behat and PHPUnit tests help a lot).
  • Fix all eventually raised warnings, notices, regressions and problems.
  • Release a new compatible version in the plugins directory, or mark the existing one as compatible.

We reserve the right to not grant (or even revoke) the award from a plugin if there is a suspicion that it was not tested well. There will be no exceptions for late submissions.

Many thanks to all the plugins maintainers for keeping their plugins up-to-date with latest Moodle versions!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to David Mudrák

Re: Early bird 3.5

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

If my plugin was working find with Moodle 3.4, and travis-CI still passes with latest master, can I just mark it as compatible in the plugins DB, or should I also test manually?

I guess the bootstrap changes in master mean that manual testing is needed, right?

Also, I guess, on really should add the privacy API implementation too.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks Tim for updating your plugins. Yes, I would highly recommend to at least quickly check it manually. And yes, the privacy API implementation will be nice but its absence would not be a blocker for receiving the Early bird 3.5 award. We will have a dedicated badge for it.

In my own plugins, I will focus on getting them working in 3.5 first (so that I have them available on Monday) and then going to implement the privacy API in the following two weeks (just in time to hail GDPR uprise).

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to David Mudrák

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

• Test plugins intensively against Moodle 3.5 beta (Behat and PHPUnit tests help a lot).

I would second that, and when they are automatically run in Travis every time you commit it is very handy.

In reply to David Mudrák

by Rene Roepke -

Do I need to apply for the early bird 3.5 badge somewhere? Or will you just take a look at the plugin list and see which support v3.5?

In reply to Rene Roepke

by David Mudrák -

No need to apply. We will check ourselves on the 3.5 release day. Which by the way has been postponed to Thursday, giving us some extra days to get our plugins ready!