redirect that occurs from index

redirect that occurs from index

by Billy Zwiener -
Number of replies: 3

In moodle, how can the redirect on the index page be modified? I am trying to run my moodle site locally using WAMP server. When I try to assign where the folders are in config.sys file WAMP always interprets it strangely, adding a /duplicate_file_path to whatever I enter there. For instance the path /elearn will become /elearn/elearn when moodles index hits it and redirects it back. The location it goes back to however is NOT there, because well, it's creating this path itself... if it would stay at /elearn it would be fine however something is going against the grain of what it likes and it redirects. I realize this question seems all over the place so please check my screencast here which probably makes more sense of the situation as it shows what I am doing. Thank you for any assistance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Billy Zwiener

Re: redirect that occurs from index

by Adam Jenkins -
Picture of Plugin developers

Try the following:

$CFG->wwwroot   = 'http://localhost/elearn';

Hope this helps!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Adam Jenkins

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
I have heard that under Windows you need to try 127.0.0.1 in place of 'localhost'.

BTW, the answer to the next question is:
$CFG->dataroot='C:\wamp\moodledata'

Well, possibly. No Windows user here.
wink
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Adam Jenkins

by Billy Zwiener -
Adam, I extend hugs. This works. Hours of troubleshooting on this one comes to as close. Now on to the next hurdle! APPRECIATE the help!