Editing Assignment Settings

Editing Assignment Settings

by Ashley Boyd -
Number of replies: 1

We are currently using Moodle version 3.0.4 and have run into an issue with one of our assignments. 

The assignment should have been created having only one attempt on it, but it was instead set up as unlimited attempts. Now when we go back in to edit the settings, I am unable to change this back to only one attempt. When I hover my mouse over the drop down arrow in the box for how many attempts, my mouse turns into a red circle with a line through it. 

I am just wondering how I am able to change this assignment back to allowing only one attempt, or do I need to hide this current assignment and create a brand new one for the next student that comes to this assignment?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ashley Boyd

Re: Editing Assignment Settings

by Adam Jenkins -
Picture of Plugin developers

You cannot edit that setting after a student has made an attempt. If you could, different students would be submitting under different conditions (which would be unfair to the students who submitted later).

To change the settings, either delete all attempts that have been made so far, or duplicate the assignment and change the setting on the new duplicated copy.

Hope this helps.