Auto-enroll in follow-up quiz after receiving falling grade in initial quiz!

Auto-enroll in follow-up quiz after receiving falling grade in initial quiz!

by Mas Beijer -
Number of replies: 4

Dear all,

I am using version 3.4.3.

My question is:

We use 3 quizzes every time (intitial, re-test and final) which are separated from each other. So 3 individual quizzes.

Can studentes who recieve a faling grade for the intitial quiz ( in our case below 80%) be automatticaly Enrolled in the re-test After a certain period (let’s say One week)?

If so, How is this done?

Please help!

Thank you,

Bas

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mas Beijer

Re: Auto-enroll in follow-up quiz after receiving falling grade in initial quiz!

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You can use restrictions to get close.  You can restrict by date but it is a set date so if the first quiz is given on a certain date, that would work.  Then you can restrict by grade to only give the students that failed access to the second quiz.

In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: Auto-enroll in follow-up quiz after receiving falling grade in initial quiz!

by Mas Beijer -

Hello Emma,

Thanks for your swift reply.

Could you Please specify How this is done?

I know about the restrictions. But How does the re-test (which is basically a new quiz) know about the failing grade? Since in our case studentes take more than 1 course. Because I saw No place where to select a specific course (in this case the intitial test) as a reference or a requirement for the re-test.

A ‘How to’ would be much appreciated.?

Kind regards,

Bas

In reply to Mas Beijer

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Oh I misunderstood - I didn't realize the quizzes are in separate courses...is there no way to put the quizzes in the same course?  It seems clunky to have separate courses just for a quiz...