General developer forum

What are optimal AWS EC2 requirements for Moodle

Picture of Alek Mlynek
Re: What are optimal AWS EC2 requirements for Moodle

Awesome Danilo. I might try setting something like this up myself. While 2.41s is OK, it's hard to move away from the < 1s load times. Also, GlusterFS isn't really an Amazon service. And while I have no problem using 3rd party products, I'd love to stick within the cloud.

I'll try a few more things next week to see if I can speed up EFS or make EBS more bearable.

Thanks for all your findings. For those who want to try the GlusterFS route, seems like it might be OK.

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Danilo Gomes
Re: What are optimal AWS EC2 requirements for Moodle

Hi Alek,
To be more accurate is GlusterFS + Local File Cache + ECS with AutoScaling. All architecture in AWS.
2.41s is the slowest page load time ok, faster pages load around 1s or less.
EFS (I am AWS partner) only begins to perform with stores from 1TB, for a series of technical parameters of this service. Gluster, Freenas, or SoftNas, for example, installed in an EC2 instance has fewer technical limitations compared to EFS for small arrays. Of course it is possible to use EFS with little data stored, but for this moodle case, it does not seem to be good.

It was good to share information with everyone.
If you get good results with EFS, please tell us, if I got performance with EFS I would also use it.

Regards,
Danilo

Average of ratings: -