GDPR Course retention varies by qual type

Re: GDPR Course retention varies by qual type

by mart van der niet -
Number of replies: 2

Other questions:

1. I run courses that never end, people get access for a certain period. How would retention work in this case?
  2. When I specify a retention period for a user (say a year) does that mean that the user and all his/her associated course activity data will be deleted when the retention period ends (deleted: marked for deletion in the privacy/data deletion screen) ?
  3. When I speciffy a retention period for a user, when does the countdown start? At user creation? At latest activity?

Looking forward for clarification!

In reply to mart van der niet

by Andrew Lyons -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi mart van der niet,

The current GDPR solution calculates the retention period from the End date of the course. This is true for both the course, and any activities or blocks within the course.

Regarding user retention policies, this is calculated from the last login date of the user, and only applies when the user has no remaining active enrolments. When this happens we delete all data associated with that user context.

I'll speak with Helen and Mary about the best place to  centralise this information within the docs too.

Andrew

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Andrew Lyons

by mart van der niet -

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the info. Centralized doc would be a good idea!