General developer forum

Backing up and resoring a course

Picture of Catherine McGibbon
Backing up and resoring a course

Hi All,

Apologies I am sure this question has probably been covered many times but I have inherited a Moodle platform version 3.3 (I think)

I am trying to back up and restore some existing courses and keep getting the error message 
:

Debug info: 
Error code: setting_invalid_filename
$a contents: backup-moodle2-course-162-introduction_to_mental_health,_learning_disabilities_amp;_eating_disorders_1-20180503-1601-nu.mbz

And then a list of stake trace

Is anyone able to advise I am not techie in the slightest and I am sure that there is probably a very easy fix

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Mark Johnson
Re: Backing up and resoring a course
Core developersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developers

I'm guessing that it dislikes either the , or the amp; in the filename for the backup.  Do you have an option to enter your own filename during the backup process to avoid using either of those?

If that fixes it, this is a bug that you could file on the tracker.  It should sufficiently clean the course name so that it a valid filename.

Thank you Mark, I have tried as you suggested to no avail, it does seem to doing the same thin on other courses as well strangely! 

Thank you for your time

Tim at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
Core developersDocumentation writersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developers

This looks like bug MDL-61723. That was a regression that was introduced recently, and then fixed.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

Thank you all, stripping the short name to a shorter one has solved the problem!

Kind Regards