SCORM quiz score cannot pass to Moodle 3.4

SCORM quiz score cannot pass to Moodle 3.4

by Wei Cai -
Number of replies: 2

Hi there,

I am working on a scorm file which contains 80 questions.

I developed the course using storyline 360 and track the result "pass/fail" with a score of 70%.

When I took the course, I got a quiz result 80% on storyline file which scores correctly; while when I went to check the gradebook on Moodle, it shows 3.75...

This Scorm file works fine on Moodle 1.9 with correct grade displayING.

Does anyone have the same issue? any suggestions?

Thank you so much!!

My Scorm activity completion was:

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Wei Cai

Re: SCORM quiz score cannot pass to Moodle 3.4

by Leah Hemeon -
Picture of Testers

Hi there,

You may have solved this issue already since it was posted several weeks ago. However, if you haven't, below there are some things you might try. There are major differences in Moodle between versions 1.9 and 3.4. The SCORM activity itself has come a very long way.

- Have you tried your course in SCORM Cloud? We find that putting the course through SCORM Cloud before bringing it into Moodle tells us if the published zip is reporting to the LMS the way we expect it to. 

- Did you check the Storyline file's quiz settings to ensure that ONLY the questions you want reported as results are included? You say there are 80 questions. If you actually have extra questions (e.g. practice ones or review questions) and those are also included in the results, then the overall quiz grade is affected.

- Have you checked that the assigned value for each question is the same? The default in Storyline is 10 point per question. Changing this on one question but not others can result in some questions being weighted differently than others. E.g. a quiz with 9 questions that score 10 points each and one that scores 1 point = 91 possible points. Getting one of the 10 pointers wrong drops the "percentage" accordingly.

- We have found that publishing as "Complete/incomplete" instead of "pass/fail" gives us more consistent reporting in Moodle. Both options are technically correct but complete/incomplete just seems to work better for us.

- How long does the course take to complete? We have had some issues with the SCORM window "timing out" after a period of time. This is still under investigation on our end but if that timeout does happen, then the "link" that's required to properly record statuses and scores can be broken and cause very strange/unexpected behaviour.

Please feel free to post back here if you would like more assistance. I've been troubleshooting Storyline publishes with Moodle for a very, very long time.

Thanks,

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Leah Hemeon

Re: SCORM quiz score cannot pass to Moodle 3.4

by Wei Cai -

Sorry didn't see your reply timely and thank you so much for your info.

Yes we found it was the "mastery score" issue, by default it is "yes" which will mark the course "incomplete" on the 1st attempt of completion, the next time learners take it again it will take them to  "review mode" instead of retrying so the score is not saved.

I added your options to my files in case we will have the same problem later.

Thank you again!