I have a fully operational site, running under Windows 2016, PHP 7X and IIS. One of my issues was CRON automation. For some reason the windows cron siftware didnt want to run. So I did the following:
- Enabled CRON on the browser, put a password then I did a power shell script to invoke internet explorer:
- $ie = new-object -com "InternetExplorer.Application"
- $ie.visible = $false
- $ie.navigate("https://my.site.address/admin/cron.php?password="the password I use for CRON")
- Saved the file as a .ps1 file. (Power shell extension)
- After validating it did work, I created a scheduled task in Windows and it does work fine. While creaating the scheduled task, you must use the -ExecutionPolicy bypass option to let Windows schedule this particular power shell script. Do not change Window's default security settings that will let Windows run all scripts. For more info about how to do this, follow this link: https://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/17736-run-powershell-scripts-from-task-scheduler
I hope this helps